Orthopaedic Trauma & Upper Limb Surgery Consultant
Mr Philip Grieve
FRCSEd (Tr & Orth)
Philip welcomes referrals in relation to wrist disorders, hand complaints, elbow problems and fractures and fracture complications (upper or lower limb).
Philip is a dedicated and passionate person who strives for excellence in all that he does. Whilst demanding high standards he is down-to-earth and approachable in his manner. He takes pride in his caring attitude and straightforward style.
- MB BCh BAO Queen's University, Belfast with distinctions in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Pathology and Microbiology 1996
- Houseman in the Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast 1996-97
- Basic Surgical Training on the Belfast Rotation
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCSEd) of Edinburgh in 1999
- Higher Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgical Training on the London Northwest Thames Rotation (Charing Cross hospital, Hillingdon Hospital, Heatherwood & Wexham Park Hospitals, West Middlesex University Hospital and Chelsea & Westminister Hospital) 2004-2010
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Trauma & Orthopaedics Surgery (FRCSEd Tr & Orth) in 2008
- Hand and Wrist Surgery Fellowship in Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London 2008-09
- Poly-trauma & Pelvis and Acetabular Fellowship at the Royal Adelaide (Level 1 Trauma Centre), South Australia 2009-10
- Fellowship in Poly-trauma at the Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin 2006
- Fellowship in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery in Tauranga Public Hospital, New Zealand 2010-11
- Locum Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at St James?s Hospital and AMNCH, Dublin 2011
- Appointed Lecturer in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Adelaide, South Australia 2009-2014
- Winner of Inaugural Dick Southwood Prize from the South Australian Hand Surgery Society 2010
- Locum Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, 2012-13.
- Distal Radius Fracture Fixation
- American Association of Hand Surgery (AAHS)
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd)
- Irish Hand Surgery Society (IHSS)
- AO Trauma
- Irish Orthopaedic Association
- European Wrist Arthroscopy Society (EWAS)
For further information visit www.philipgrieve.com or to make an appointment, please contact Carol or Ruth on Tel: 01 283 3050 / 086 844 2888. Fax: 01 283 1925. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address for correspondence: Suite 30, Blackrock Clinic, Blackrock Co. Dublin.
Tel: 01 2833050
Fax: 01 2831925